Recipe Archive - Here you will find many great recipes using our spices and seasonings
Groomer Seafoods, Inc
Fried Grouper Sandwich
4 Four Ounce Grouper Portions, Boneless and Skinless
1 box J.O. Assorted Fry Mix (I used the regular fish fry type but try out Spicy Seafood Batter, Seasoned Southern Style, Cajun Fry, and Oyster & Fish Breader.)
1 1/4 cup of Water
Bread to make four sandwiches, Ciabatta or Sourdough preferred
1 bunch of Boston or Romaine Lettuce
1 large Tomato, Sliced into sandwich rounds
1 large Avocado, cut into slivers
1. Preheat oil in a deep fryer or deep pan up to 325 degrees. Wash grouper pieces in cold water. To make J.O. Spice wet batter follow instructions on box. (Basically pour package in mixing bowl and add about a cup and a quarter of cold water and mix well.)
2. When oil is up to temperature, Coat two grouper portions in batter and drop into oil. Fry for 4-5 minutes or pieces reach internal temperature of 145 degrees. Follow the same procedure with remaining grouper pieces.
3.Toast Ciabatta/Soudough Buns in a lightly oiled heated pan for 1-2 minutes each side. Place one piece of grouper on each set of buns and add tartar sauce, mayo, avocado, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, and any other sandwich toppings that you prefer. Enjoy!!
J.O. #1 Creamy Cheesy Bacon Baked Potato Soup & Potato Skins
*Submitted by: Ginger Ports
6 medium sized baked potatoes
6 slices bacon
1 medium onion
2 cups milk
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) reduced sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup sour cream
8 oz. shredded cheddar
1 1/2 tsp. J.O. #1
1. Bake potatoes and put to the side to cool down.
2. Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp reserving 1 tbs. of the drippings.
3. Chop onion and saute in pan until cooked .
4. Once Potatoes are cooled, slice into four sections. Cut away potato from skin and place in bowl to mash, reserve the skins if you wish to make oven baked potato skins, and mash the potatoes.
5. Add milk, chicken broth, cooked onions, 4 slices of crumbled bacon, 1 tbs. of the bacon drippings, the mashed potatoes, and the J.O. #1 to pan. Stir all ingredients in the pan together. Bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat and add sour cream and 1/2 a bag of shredded cheddar, reserving some for the baked potato skins. Simmer for 10 minutes stirring throughout.
7. Sprinkle #1, cheese, bacon on top to personal taste! ENJOY!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Lay potato skins on cookie sheet and cover with cheese and bacon
3. Sprinkle J.O. #1 on top
4. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes
5. Serve with your favorite condiments and ENJOY!
Tortellini Crab Alfredo
*Submitted by: Russ Garvin
2 lbs back fin crab meat, picked through for shells
2 red peppers
2 stick butter
Lots of garlic
1 bunch scallions
1 quart heavy cream
1 tablespoon J.O#1 Seafood Seasoning
8 oz fresh parmesan cheese
Cook crab butter and peppers for 2 minutes on medium heat, add cream, parm,allow to heat through lower heat Till thick Cook tortellini according to package directions garnish with scallions you can add petite diced tomato and crushed tomatoes to make a “rosa “ sauce.
*Submitted by our J.O. Facebook Fan, Russ Garvin! Join our FB fan site and submit your recipe to
J.O. Rotisserie Chicken Salad
- 4 boneless chicken breast
- ¼ cup Rotisserie Spice
- ½ cup mayo.
- 2 pieces of celery finely chopped (optional)
- ½ small onion finely chopped (optional)
Mix ¼ cup of J.O. Rotisserie Spice with 10 cups of water in pan.
Add chicken breast. Bring water and chicken to boil for 30 minutes (until chicken is cooked throughout, time may vary according to the size of the chicken breast). Let chicken sit in seasoned water for 10 minutes. Take chicken out of water and shred the chicken and cut it up. Add ½ cup mayo. (depending on the size of the chicken breast you may need more, it’s a personal preference) Add celery and onion if desired. Mix everything together. Sprinkle a little spice on top and serve over salad, on crackers, or your favorite fresh bread or roll!!
Other Suggestions for J.O. Rotisserie Spice:
Sprinkle in your favorite chicken/turkey gravy for a wonderful added flavor! Buy a rotisserie chicken from Cotsco or other grocery store and rub spice over chicken and inside cavity and heat in oven for a great added flavor! Rub some olive oil on fresh chicken/turkey and then rub on spice before grilling or baking!
J.O. Spice Crab Dip
- 1 pound crab meat
- 2/3 cup mayo.
- 3 -8oz. blocks of cream cheese
- 2 tbs. white wine for cooking
- 2 tbs. cooking sherry
- 2 tsp. prepared horseradish
- 2 tsp. prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tsp. J.O. #1 ALL PURPOSE SEAFOOD SEASONING plus
a little extra to sprinkle on top when prepared!
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbs. parsley
- 1 tbs. dry chives
Combine everything except crab meat, parsley, and chives.
Cook over low constantly stirring until melted. Once
melted add drained crab meat, parsley, and chives. Bake at
350 in oven until bubbly or in a crock pot to stay warm for
a party! Sprinkle additional J.O. #1 on top for
presentation. Serve with your favorite crackers, rolls, or
French breads! ENJOY!